For over 20 years Daniel has worked with adults and young people facing a wide range of life circumstances. Sadness, grief and loss, depression, and childhood sexual abuse are a few familiar areas. He has a gentle, encouraging approach and the ability to hear and hold difficult, sensitive and painful emotions. As a presenter, he has facilitated trainings, workshops, and paper presentations on sexual trauma at the local, national, and international level. In addition, he is an exhibiting artist, an art therapy educator, and has effectively designed, implemented, and directed several mental health programs in New York City.
Licensure and Certifications
New York State Education Department
- Mental Health Practitioner - Licensed Creative Arts Therapist, (2006) License #000375
Art Therapy Credentials Board
- Board Certified (1998) and Registered Art Therapist (1997) #97-099
- Master of Arts in Art Therapy, New York University, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH
- Certificate, The International Trauma Studies Program, New York University, New York, NY
Daniel is a licensed, board certified, and registered art therapist with over 21 years experience in mental health/substance abuse provision and supervision.
As an active art therapy educator, Daniel has taught courses at New York University, School of Visual Arts, and Naropa University. As a presenter, he has facilitated trainings, workshops, and presentations on sexual trauma and additional clinical topics at the local, national, and international level.
Artistically, Daniel contemplatively explores the psychological complexity of the human figure by examining such themes as darkness, whimsy, pain, and resiliency to expose strength, vulnerability, and an alternative sensation of beauty. He has exhibited his work in Ohio, New York and Colorado.
Non-profit Senior Manager
Previously, was the director of mental health/counseling services at Gay Men’s Health Crisis (NYC) and The Door: A Center of Alternatives (a comprehensive youth agency, NYC).
American Art Therapy Association, Alexandria, VA
- Member, Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Honors Committee Chair, 2013-2015
- Honors Committee Member, 2010-2013
MESA-Moving to End Sexual Assault, Boulder, CO
- Member, Steering Committee Member, 2011-2016
Colorado Art Therapy Association, Denver, CO
- President, 2014-2015
- Vice President, 2013-2014
- Member, Board of Directors, 2012-2013
MaleSurvivor, New York, NY
- Member, Board of Directors, 2008-2010
- Member, International Conference Committee, 2008-2010